Saturday, December 29, 2007

05 - The Map


During my last visit at the Doctor’s office we talked about getting a blood sample from my sister to see if she would be a possible bone marrow donor match. He thought they would send her a kit with the necessary stuff, she would take a blood test and send it back to the City of Hope (which is where the transplants would be done). I told the doctor that before he would send anything to the Netherlands it might be helpful to know where it was (see previous post for his scary Geography knowledge), so I casually whipped out the above map on which I had circled The Netherlands and handed it over to the Doc. I continued by saying that by giving him this map, I was assuming he knew where Europe was ………… He did laugh and assured me, he had been to Europe before. I just hope he’ll refill my next Gleevec prescription!!

No comments: