Wednesday, March 12, 2008

13 - The Next Visitors


It’s been a bit since the last entry, somehow I never quite got around to sitting down and typing my story over the past month, even though I have quite a few things running through my head. First thing first: my sister’s visit (and my beloved brother-in-law as well of course - this is the one who still hasn't cracked a joke about my c'cision (I'm still amazed))! As expected we had a wonderful time, they arrived Friday and left Monday before heading off to Costa Rica for a week. Must be nice getting all those vacation days in Holland, need to move back soon!!! It was great to see her/them in person for the first time since the whole Leukemia thing broke. It felt good to give her a big hug and sniff and snotter for a few minutes. I think it helped to see that I still looked the same and can still be the same pain in the rear as I always have been. The next couple of days we spent playing golf (where my BinL broke another driver of mine, that’s 2 clubs in the past 2 games), wining, dining, and visiting Knott’s Berry Farm.

We took the Blacksmith Picture at Knott’s, reminded us both of our grandpa who was a blacksmith in Holland. The smell was exactly what his shop used to smell like, funny how the nose triggers memories. Anyway, all in all we couldn’t have had a better visit and were a little sad to see them leave so soon!

Next posting will hopefully be a tad quicker!
Cheers,Rob

No comments: